CPC40110 - Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
This qualification is the Certificate IV level qualification required for the residential class of builders Licence (class C). The course is made up of six modules that must be successfully completed to gain the qualification.
Up to 70% of the course cost may be refundable to eligible applicants through the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund. We will apply for this refund on your behalf on successful completion of the course.
The CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building Construction Building covers the essentials skills and knowledge required to work as a Builder, Foreman or Construction Manager. Learn how to run a small to medium construction business and be on your way to gaining your registered builders licence.
Start date: Feb 5 2019
Course Duration: 9 months - 18 Months
Location: Skills Centre - 1 Iron Knob Street Fyshwick ACT 2609
Course Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays - 5.30pm - 8.30pm (This course is presented in the evening)
Study mode: Full Time or Part Time
Cost: $700 per module (members) $800 per module (non-members)
If you are interested in becoming a member of MBA ACT please contact Simon on 0417 721 126
Certificate III in a relevant building trade or meeting the requirements of an entrance assessment.
- Minimum 18 years old
In the delivery of Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building) MBA has combined 17 units of competency into six learning modules which are presented in the evening class format as follows:
Module One: Financial and Business Management
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances (e)
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning (e)
- BSBSMB420 Evaluate and develop small business operations (e)
- BSBSMB421 Manage small business finances ©
Module Two: Estimating and Stock Control
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects ©
- CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering ©
- CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects ©
Module Three: Contracts and Legal Obligations
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract ©
- CPCCBC4009B Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects ©
Module Four: Occupational Health and Safety
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace ©
Module Five: Supervision Site and Environmental Administration
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work ©
- CPCCBC4008B Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects ©
- CPCCBC4021A Minimise waste on the building and construction site (e)
Module Six: Construction Principles
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects ©
- CPCCBC4010B Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions ©
- CPCCBC4011B Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions ©
- CPCCBC4012B Read and interpret plans and specifications ©
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to receive the nationally recognised CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building Construction (Building).
- Registered Builder
- Construction Manager
- Domestic Builder
- Building Estimator
- Construction Site Foreman
Competent participants will be issued with a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) - CPC40110.
Ph: (02) 6175 5900
Fax: (02) 6280 9118
To view MBA Group Training Policies click here