RIICOM201D, RIIWHS201D, RIIWHS302D - Implement Traffic Control Guidance Plans
This course provides training for staff that are required to set up and work with Traffic Control Plans (TCP). Note: This course does not qualify participants to select or modify Guidance Plans.
This program is delivered and assessed by Admire Workplace Safety RTO 91330
Training is conducted in two parts. Theorical conducted on one day at MBA Skills Centre and Practical on a Live Site - details of this site will be provided to you in the theorical training.
Date: See Training Dates
Location: Theory MBA Skills Centre, 1 Iron Knob Street Fyshwick ACT 2609
Cost: $600* (Member) $660 (non-member) before rebate $275* (member) $335* (non member) after rebate
Duration: 12 Hours or 1.5 days
If you are not a member of MBA ACT please contact Simon on 0417 721 126
• Identify safety implications of traffic control at road works and personal responsbilities.
• Set up, Monitor and Close down traffic control devices according to a nominated TCGS/TCP, to WHS and legislative requirements
• Operate a two-way radio correctly and effectively
• Check, clean and store equipment on completion of work and close down a TCGS/TCP
• Select a TCGS/TCP to suit site conditions, traffic volumes and work activities, and adjust a to suit specific road environment
• Know the basic function of the TCGS/TCP system
• Adapt to all WHS and operational requirements
• Use the site/location assessment distinguish topographical landmarks and carry out authorized risk control
• Conduct an on-site check of a TCGS/TCP to identify any unexpected risks/hazards
• Plan for emergencies that may arise
• Ensuring spacing between signs and traffic control devices is in line with a TCGS/TCP
• Understand speed, environment, type and class of vehicles traffic density, sight lines and environmental conditions.
Safety boots, appropriate clothing for conditions (e.g wet weather gear/sunscreen/hat)
Basic numeracy skills
English language skills sufficient to understand both written and verbal instruction
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment
(attached) to be completed prior to confirmation of your enrolment
• Drivers Licence (minimum Green P or equivalent)
• CPCCWHS1001- Prepare to work safely in the construction industry or equivalent
Training Dates - 8am
April 17th 2019
May 10th 2019
June 5th 2019
Onsite Live Assessment - 8am
April 16th 2019
May 9th 2019
June 4th 2019
Before you register online you will need to have:
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have one you will need to have either one of the following - Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa during this online process.
- A Visa or Mastercard.
To enrol online click here
If you are unable to register online you can find a PDF registration form click here
Ph: (02) 6175 5900
Fax: (02) 6280 9118
Training provided by Admire Workplace Safety - RTO No. 91330