10852NAT - Course in Working Safely with Asbestos Containing Materials
10852NAT Course in Working Safely with Asbestos Containing Materials has now been mandated by ACT Government. Working with Asbestos Tool-kits available for purchase
This course will provide you with skills and knowledge to identify asbestos containing materials and implement necessary controls before performing work that may involve drilling into, fixing to and penetrating existing asbestos cement sheeting or other asbestos containing material.
The ACT Government has made amendments to the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 to mandate that people in occupations that are likely to work with materials that contain asbestos must complete an approved training course in working safely with asbestos. This course is in addition to the mandated 10675NAT - Course in Asbestos Awareness that came into effect in the ACT on 30 June 2014.
- Up to 70% of the course cost may be refundable to eligible applicants through the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund. We will apply for this refund on your behalf on successful completion of the course.
Working with Asbestos Toolkits
- In addition, attendees of the course can purchase a Working Safely with Asbestos Containing Materials resource kit on the day. These kits come in a Master Builders kit bag with, 2x Type 5/6 Cat 3 trident SMS Coverall, 2x Disposable boot covers, x4 Asbestos bags, 1x roll duct tape, safety barrier tape "Danger Asbestos", 1x pack wet wipes, 1x brush-on adhesive, 1 box disposable gloves, safety glasses, Asbestos Respirator kit, builders black plastic and cost $290
- Learn how to identify asbestos containing materials in the classroom before testing your practical application in a simulated training environment where you will penetrate sheeting using appropriate equipment, resources, and PPE.
This course is delivered and assessed in English. Participants are required to understand both written and spoken English to a basic level to complete this course. If you are unable to read and write in the English language the professional services of an accredited translator are required (cost at participants expense).
Dates: Please see training dates below
Time: 8.00am - 12.30pm (AM) or 1.00pm - 5.30pm (PM)
Duration: 4.5 hours
Delivery Method: Face-to-Face Delivery
Location: Skills Centre - 1 Iron Knob Street Fyshwick ACT 2609
Member: $240 (after rebate), $435 (without rebate)
Non-Member: $300 (after rebate), $495 (without rebate)
For membership enquiries for MBA ACT please contact reception on 02 6175 5900
Payment must be received at enrolment (unless an approved account holder) - If payment is not received you will not be enrolled in this course.
To be eligible to enrol into this course, participants must have complete either:
- 80803ACT - Course in The Identification and Safe Handling of Asbestos, or
- 10314NAT - Course in Asbestos Awareness, or
- 10675NAT - Course in Asbestos Awareness.
- Minimum 16 years old
- Plan to undertake work where existing ACM may need to be penetrated
- Undertake work where existing ACM needs to be penetrated
- Complete work activities after existing ACM has been penetrated
Competent participants will be issues with a Statement of Attainment in NAT10852001 Working Safely with asbestos containing materials
Before you register online you will need to have:
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have one you will need to have either one of the following - Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa during this online process.
- A Visa or Mastercard.
Attendees must wear or bring the following PPE to complete practical assessment:
- Safety boots
- High visibility clothing
- 18th September 2020 (AM)
- 25th September 2020 (AM)
- 7th October 2020 (AM)
- 19th October 2020 (AM)
- 28th October 2020 (AM)
- 11th November 2020 (AM)
- 27th November 2020 (AM)
- 4th December 2020 (AM)
- 16th December 2020 (AM)
For Private group sessions please contact Vicky Croker on 02 6175 5904