Master Builders ACT annual membership renewals have been issued, and we would like to explain to our members how we will be adjusting our fees to support you through the next year.
We understand that recent events including bushfires, hailstorms and the COVID-19 pandemic have heavily impacted our local region and our industry.
To assist our members during the current crisis, we will be implementing several measures to offer relief on your membership renewals this year, which includes:
- Providing a 10% discount for members who pay before 30 June 2020
- Not increasing membership fees for the 2020/21 financial year
We understand and appreciate the financial stress that our members may be experiencing at this time and we hope that these measures will assist you.
For those experiencing financial hardship please contact MBA ACT Membership Manager, Kalli Leister at email@example.com to discuss other options.
Membership renewals will be sent to members in late May. For those members wanting to access the discount on membership fees, payment will be due by 30 June 2020.
For any member to be considered a full “financial” member and have voting rights at our next Annual General Meeting, to nominate for a position of any of our Ordinary Councils, or to access the member benefits available to you, membership must be paid by the due date.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic will have impacted many members annual turnover. Our membership fees are calculated on the average business turnover from the past three years.
If your business turnover has changed, you can update your business turnover. This declaration will allow us to determine the correct sector and category of your membership.
If you wish to update your turnover, please do so, by emailing MBA ACT Membership Manager, Kalli Leister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting our members
As the industry continues to be impacted by the extraordinary events that have occurred over recent months, Master Builders ACT will continue to:
- Advocate to the Australian and ACT Governments to provide additional economic stimulus, reduce the regulatory burden, provide additional capital works spending for all sectors, and support the use of local builders, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Provide building industry specific training courses through a combination of face-to-face and remote delivery methods.
- Provide support and advice from our member services team, including specialist industrial relations, dispute resolution, work health and safety, and contracts advice.
- Provide members with the latest industry information through virtual events, member updates and information sessions.
We also look forward to hosting the MBA Building Awards later this year and celebrating the quality work of our local members.
If you have any questions on your membership renewal, please contact MBA ACT Membership Manager, Kalli Leister at email@example.com or on (02) 6175 5900.