10559NAT - Working Safely With Asbestos Containing Materials
This course will provide you with skills and knowledge to identify asbestos containing materials and implement necessary controls before performing work.
This course will provide you with skills and knowledge to identify asbestos containing materials and implement necessary controls before performing work that may involve drilling into, fixing to and penetrating existing asbestos cement sheeting or other asbestos containing material.
Up to 70% of the course cost may be refundable to eligible applicants through the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund. We will apply for this refund on your behalf on successful completion of the course.
Learn how to identify asbestos containing materials in the classroom before testing your practical application in a simulated training environment where you will penetrate sheeting using appropriate equipment, resources and PPE.
This course is delivered and assessed in English. Participants are required to understand both written and spoken English to a basic level to complete this course. If you are unable to read and write in the English language the professional services of an accredited translator are required (cost at participants expense).
Dates: Please see training dates below
Time: 8.00am - 12.30pm (AM) or 1.00pm - 5.30pm (PM)
Duration: 4.5 hours
Delivery Method: Face-to-Face Delivery
Location: Skills Centre - 1 Iron Knob Street Fyshwick ACT 2609
Cost: $355* (after rebate) $495 (without rebate)
Payment must be received at enrolment (unless an approved account holder) - If payment is not received you will not be enrolled in this course.
To be eligible to enrol into this course, participants must have complete either:
- 10314NAT – Course in Asbestos Awareness, or
- 10675NAT – Course in Asbestos Awareness.
- Minimum 16 years old
- Plan to undertake work where existing ACM may need to be penetrated
- Undertake work where existing ACM needs to be penetrated
- Complete work activities after existing ACM has been penetrated
Competent participants will be issues with a Statement of Attainment in WSFACM001A Working Safely with asbestos containing materials
Before you register online you will need to have:
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have one you will need to have either one of the following - Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa during this online process.
- A Visa or Mastercard.
11th March 2019
27th March 2019
For more information about this event, visit www.mba.org.au